Resurrection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Resurrection Forums. Get updates from the server here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Le return of Pyr0!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pyr0mrcow

pyr0mrcow

Le return of Pyr0! Empty
PostSubject: Le return of Pyr0!   Le return of Pyr0! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:58 am

Wow, just found out this place exists again xD

Oh, I stopped using Arland Molotave, now it's Wyatt Cau.
Just...well, some people know the name who I don't want to Razz

Aaaaanyway:
Not sure what powers I have here, if I can do any of this or not, but I had a few suggestions...
Been running through servers for a while since hell broke loose, finally found a decent one, and I picked up a few ideas from there...

Some ideas for a forum overhaul(Some of these ideas are inter-dependant...):

1) Someone in-game said the whitelist wasn't being used anymore (don't think we need it anyway), so I was thinking we could change the "Whitelist" section into an "Introductions" section; place where new players can introduce themselves.
Gets them more into things, and others get to know the newbies.

2) If our system allows sub-sections, make a section for the server itself, named "Survival" (that still applies I'm guessing) or something like that, and move the "Rank Applications" and "Towns" sections there as sub-sections (Again, not sure if that's doable.).

3) Add "Announcements" section, where topics can only be created by forum staff; though others can comment.

4) If the server's section is successful, remove "Off-Topic Discussion", and use "General Discussion" for it's function; Announcements section + Server section would make off-topic outside those sections redundant.

5) Again, if the server's section is sucessful, get rid of the "Builds" topic; redundant.

6) Add a "Site Discussion" section, for talking about the main site and possible changes.

As for the main site...I've seen this used: http://www.simplemachines.org/
With how clean it is, it sorta eliminates the need for anything besides the forum; and it works with the setup I had in mind.
Thing is, never used the configuration side once; but it might be nice to experiment with; only thing is, has to be hosted, I don't think they have a server hosting site.
So maybe just something to keep in the back of your mind; don't know yet if this server's still hosted or not, and it doesn't necessarily need to be.

Seen some massive and crazy builds.
...if it's alright, and depending on what plans there are for the place, I might want to make a new spawn or a hub world.

Eh, thinking about too much xD
Back to top Go down
http://resurrectionserver.blogspot.com/

Le return of Pyr0!
Page 1 of 1